Tuesday, July 13, 2010

i love ya, tomorrow

I can't sleep. I'm currently sitting on the floor of my bathroom, blogging. I'm in the bathroom because my roommate is trying to sleep. And I can't sleep because I'm so excited about BERLIN in the morning! SO I'll just ramble here until I'm sleepy. I just said sleep 4 times. ANYWAY.

Today, I stood inches from 'The Sistine Madonna' by Raphael. And to think that I could reach out and touch a painting that was not only 500+ years old, but also painted by a man who has a Ninja Turtle named after him…???? It blew me away. I teared up a little for the millionth time this trip! To see things in person that I've seen over and over in my History and Art classes just really does a number on me. Every painting in the room was 400-500 years older than me. That is so hard for me to grasp.  I'm learning so much, its unbelievable.

After the museum we grabbed lunch at the Mensa (cafeteria) and headed to another lecture at the Goethe Institute. Afterwards I might have done a bit of shopping at H&M… getting everything BACK in my suitcase for the trip home is going to be a real task. But I just couldn't resist cute dresses for only 3 a piece! (I've spent more money than that on KinderEggs. Oops.)

Then, as per the usual, me and my Troy friends sat with our feet in a fountain and had some ice-cream. Its become a wonderful daily tradition.

I'm all packed for Berlin, our train leaves at 9:04 in the morning and I'm SO excited.

Before I head back to my bed for a another try at sleeping, I'll leave you with a few of my European observations.

1) I've seen 4 ice cubes this entire trip. And they were small and melted before I got to eat them.
2) No one in Europe seems to think Europe is hot. But I sure do. And I'm always sweating like crazy! But the locals seem to be dry as a bone all the time, even in the streetcar? But a lot manage to smell like B.O. no matter what…ugh.
3) Germans under 30 probably speak English. Germans over 30 probably think you're an idiot.
4) EUROS really do trick me into thinking things are cheaper.
5) I have a surprisingly good internal compass! I have yet to get lost, or even get nervous about being lost.
6) paying 50cents to use the bathroom everywhere is getting expensive.
7) KinderRegal bars do NOT taste like KinderEggs.
8) Sometimes, a month long break from a cellphone is the best idea ever. Too much communication is stupid.

Okayokayokay. Maybe I'm tired now. Byeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment