Thursday, July 1, 2010

hallo.

a few things I've learned in my day & a half.

1- I'm terrible at pronouncing words. I know a few key phrases & I can understand others, but I'm so so bashful to say the words! Today it took me 30 seconds to grab the courage actually say 'ein stilles wasser bitte'

 2 - Here, Americans seem to be known for 3 things. Being fat, being loud, and looking confused.

3 - Adding alcohol seems to make our American tendencies 235234 times more obvious.

4 -  Smiling & nodding actually works! Today, I had a whole conversation with a student in the W.C. without saying a word. And she loved me! She patted me on the arm on the way out. I told her I liked her hair in German & she wouldn't shut up.

5 - GERMAN FOOD IS GOOD. I even had german 'chinese' food today, and the soy sauce is even better here!

6 - I'm an ice cruncher, but they don't do ice. I'm having a hard time with it.

7 - Americans are fat because we have no portion control!!! We eat 4 times as much as they do, easy. I'm eating like a German from now on.

8 - No air conditioning is the norm. I'm getting used to it, thanks to my €12 fan from IKEA.

9 - STAY OFF THE BIKE PATH.

in other news, this is the view from my window:)

So far we've eaten dinner at a Biergarten, gone to a grocery store, walked A TON, taken trains, gone to IKEA(!!!!), eaten the best ice cream i've ever had in my life... I'm loving it. I'm people watching mostly. Compared to these people, Americans are lazy and pretentious - this is my current observation.

[note] - the German word for travel is FAHRT... I'm not even mad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment