Monday, May 9, 2011

γειά σου!

Landed in Athens at 9am Greek time - 2 am for you sleepy heads back in America :)

We hopped on the bus (with Benadryl still lingering)  & headed straight to see the changing of the guards at Parliament - the traditional Greek outfits are NOT what I expected? Note the fluffy balls on the tips of the boots... hahahaaaaaa of course I had the giggles. ---->

I had TWO gyros for lunch. Bought one, then headed back for another. And I found a Kinderegg! [A GERMAN SUCCESS!] Also I met a man named Tom... and I pet 3 dogs. And used a really fancy bathroom by the Olympic stadium. All normal things, right?

then I slept through my alarm (took a baby nap) & made us late for our lamb & rice dinner ( I LIKE LAMB??)... oops. This just in - I'm in love with olives & feta cheese. Ζήτω!

I'M GONNA GO TAKE A SHOWER NOW, & head to bed. Tomorrow the extra special sights begin!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment